If your Deed Poll was prepared by Loh Eben Ong & Partners and witnessed by one of our Lawyers on or after 2005, subject to availability, we may be able to issue further certified copy from our archived Deed Polls if you have lost your original Deed Poll.
For Deed Poll prepared and witnessed by our Lawyers between the period of 1994 to 2004 (both years included), if we are able to trace a copy of your Deed Poll in our Archive Database, we may be able to provide certified true copy service.
We are unable to warrant that a copy of your Deed Poll will be available, and reserve at our sole discretion not to process your request.
Why do we need to charge a "Search Fee"?
Conducting a search through our archived Deed Poll require time, cost, and expense. We may have to recall a file containing a copy of your signed Deed Poll from our external storage provider, and each retrieval is subject to the service provider's charge. On a case by case basis, we may waive or reduce our Search Fee accordingly, but strictly at our sole discretion.
Why do we provide such a service?
We understand that some of our clients (and non clients) have lost their Deed Polls due to various circumstances. Even non-clients who have used other law firms for their Deed Poll services have contacted us to trace their Deed Poll (but obviously, we are unable to do so as it is not in our archive).
He may need to show a link or correlation between his old name and new name, but was unable to find or trace his original Deed Poll. For example, if his "O" Level Certificate is in his old name, he would require to show that he is the same person even though his current NRIC shows his new name.
We provide such a service as an "after sales service" to our clients who have used our Singapore Deed Poll service.
1. For Deed Poll which is more than 3 years' old from date of request, our search and retrieval fee is $50.00, whether or not your Deed Poll is in our archive or not.
2. For Deed Poll which is less than 3 years but more than 1 year from date of request, our search and retrieval fee is $30.00, whether or not your Deed Poll is in our archive or not.
3. For Deed Poll which is less than 1 year from date of request, our search and retrieval fee is waived.
Subject to our discretion, we may waive the search fee totally.
Certified True Copy Fee ("CTC Fee")
If your Deed Poll is in our archives, our fees for certifying a copy of your Deed Poll as true is $10 per copy.
1. The search fee shall be paid prior to us conducting our search.
2. We do not warrant the availability of a copy of your Deed Poll in our Deed Poll Archive, and reserve our right not to process any request at our sole and absolute discretion.
3. We can only issue CTC of the Deed Poll from our Deed Poll Archive to the person or parent named on the Deed Poll, and original identification document has to be produced when collecting the CTC of the Deed Poll.