English Chinese (Simplified) French Japanese

CNY CLOSURE: Our office will be closed from 1 pm, 5 Feb to 10 Feb, and resume business on11 Feb.

Loh Eben Ong

Schedule Appointment at LAW.com.sg

Adult and Child (Over 1 Year's Old)

If you are an adult or your child (minor) is more than one (1) year old, you or your child can only change the name in the Identity Card. If you are a Singapore Permanent Resident, you can only change your name in your Singapore Blue Identity Card, and not your foreign Passport. Please check with ICA on their latest policies.

Child (Less Than 1 Year's Old)

However, if your child is less than one (1) year old, the amendment of a child's name in his/her Birth Certificate (BC) may be done only within 1 year from the date of birth. No Deed Poll is required for this. Either of the parents must call personally at the Registry of Births & Deaths (ICA Building Level 3) with his/her NRIC and the child's original BC to effect the amendment.

The BC will be cancelled and a certified birth extract with the amended name will be issued to the parent. A total fee of $60.00 will be charged ($30.00 for the amendment and $30.00 for the birth extract). Please check the latest fee with ICA.

For more information or the exact policies, please check with Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) [formerly known as Singapore Immigration & Registration (SIR)] or visit their website at http://www.ica.gov.sg



Loh Eben Ong LLP
Advocates & Solicitors
Commissioner for Oaths
Notary Public

con tel (+65) 6338 1810

Who's Online

We have 7 guests and no members online