English Arabic Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional) Danish Dutch French German Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Malay Norwegian Portuguese Romanian Russian Spanish Swedish Thai Vietnamese

Schedule Appointment at LAW.com.sg

FAQ on General Matters for Name Change

My GCE's O'level Certificate is in my old name, how do I prove that it belongs to me if I change my name?

on . Posted in General

If you have changed your name in your Identity Card, you may be concerned that your Educational Certificate (eg. GCE's O' Level) under your old name may be invalid or people may doubt that it actually belongs to you.

It is important that you keep your Deed Poll safely so that you may produce it to evidence that you have actually changed your name, and is the person stated in the Certificate.

Location Map