English Chinese (Simplified) French Japanese

CNY CLOSURE: Our office will be closed from 1 pm, 5 Feb to 10 Feb, and resume business on11 Feb.

Loh Eben Ong

Schedule Appointment at LAW.com.sg

No, you can't change the race with a Deed Poll. Loh Eben Ong is unable to assist you in changing your "race" as appearing in your Identity Card. Please direct this query directly with the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) on this issue.

Based on media reports, on 28 December 2009, ICA announced that parents are required to declare the race of their new born child on the Birth Report Form with effect from 2 January 2010.

Parents of mixed race marriages will now have the option to decide if the child should follow the race of the father, mother or an acceptable mixed race in our record. The information will be recorded provisionally until the child turns 15 years old and is required to register for an identity card.

[Caution: Subject to verification and current policies as may be imposed by ICA and/or other relevant authorities]



Loh Eben Ong LLP
Advocates & Solicitors
Commissioner for Oaths
Notary Public

con tel (+65) 6338 1810

Who's Online

We have 5 guests and no members online