English Arabic Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional) Danish Dutch French German Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Malay Norwegian Portuguese Romanian Russian Spanish Swedish Thai Vietnamese

Schedule Appointment at LAW.com.sg

FAQ on Post Deed Poll Matters

How do I update my name in the title deeds of my property?

on . Posted in Post Deed Poll

If you own an immovable property (private real estate or hdb flat), you may wish to update the name appearing in the title document of your property. This can be done after you have updated your new name in your Identity Card. You may enagage a law firm to assist you to submit an Application to Note Change of Name at the Singapore Land Authority (SAL) with the original Deed Poll or certified true copy thereof (by a lawyer) as supporting evidence.

If Property is Mortgaged

If your property is mortgaged to a Bank, you may need to to request the Bank to temporarily release the title deeds (namely, the Certificate of Title, Subsidiary Strata Certificate of Title or Subsidiary Certificate of Title, as the case may be) to enable you to update your name in the title document at SAL. Your lawyer representing you will write to the Bank for its consent to release the original title document.

I Wish to Engage Loh Eben Ong, what are your Charges?

We do assist client to update his or her names in the title document. In order for us to notify you of our charges, please let us know if your property is mortgaged, and if so, who is the Mortgagee (eg. Bank).



Location Map